domingo, 7 de febrero de 2010


GILDA RADNER :)
ORIGIN OF "GILDA":
-old english; meaning: golden, gilded.
ORIGIN OF "MARIA"
-latin; meaning: star of the sea
ORIGIN OF "MERCEDES"
-spanish; meaning: mercies
ORIGIN OF "MONTES"
-spain; meaning: elevation of natural land
Why "Gilda Maria Mercedes"?
*to begin with, both of my grandmothers are named Mercedes so both of my parents wanted me to have that name. Then, they needed a basic name that would go before Mercedes so I wouldn't sound simple. Both liked Maria because it came from Vigen Mary. During my mom's pregnancy every one called me "m&m" and would give her many baby things of the m&m logo. However, my dad's grandmother was named Gilda and no one from his generation had that name so he discussed it with my mom and she didn't like that name. But, the day I was born, my dad registered me as "Gilda Maria Mercedes" without my mother's consent. She then got angry with my dad and both of my parents would not talk to each other for a week. Finally, she accepted his decision and now everyone calls me Gilda.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario